Well it's that time of year again, Thanksgiving! Turkey, stuffing, gravy, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie... YUM I'm hungry already! For this UWDCC blogger Thanksgiving has always been about traditions, so I thought I'd share some images and collections dealing with Thanksgiving traditions.

Our Wisconsin Traditions of Social Care collection contains this great photo and more showing the generosity of Wisconsin charities. This photo was taken at a dinner in Milwaukee held by Goodwill and the Wisconsin Telephone Pioneer Women in 1960. All 400 people seem to be enjoying themselves, what a great image!

Another great collection that touches close to home for me is the Kenosha County History collection. Back in Kenosha there is a Thanksgiving Day Race that has been going on as long as I can remember called the Turkey Day Run. This collection contains images of this run dating back to 1907! That is 100 years of tradition for my hometown!

These are just some of our great holiday images. Check out the rest of our collections and see what you can find.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

0 comments

Post a Comment