Halloween weekend is finally here. I hope everyone has their costumes finished and is ready for Freakfest. I still have a few things to pick up for my costume but I am looking forward to the State Street activitites. 

Our UW-Madison Collection has great images from past Halloweens. On the left in a picture from Halloween in 1982.  Back then they used to have the festivities on Library Mall. They also used to sell beer at the event.


The image on the right is from 1983.  These costumes seem a little creepy.  What are you and your friends planning on being for Halloween this year? Something scary? Cute? A group costume?

The Wisconsin Alumni Association has put together a timeline of the History of Halloween at UW Madison.  Did you know the first one was in 1979? Take a peek at their timeline before you head out Saturday.

Hopefully everyone will have a great Halloween.  You can catch me on State Street Saturday. I can't wait to see all of your costumes.

0 comments

Post a Comment