The First Snow

Posted by UW Digital Collections | 11:05 AM | , , , , | 0 comments »

The weatherman is predicting what could be the first big snow fall of the winter season.  Personally the first snow fall is my favorite.  Everything is clean and crisp and people want to get out and play in the snow.

Isn't this image on the left beautiful, so peaceful and white.

So what type of things do you like to do when the first snow falls?

Some of you students at UW-Madison might be preparing for the giant snowball fight that occurs every year. The snow fight always congregates on Bascom Hill and spreads to the surrounding areas.  The image on the right is what it looks like just before the students charge.

One thing I never understood is how people can still ride their bikes after it snows.  I guarantee my face would hit the ground almost immediately.  This little girl on the left doesn't seem to happy about riding her bike in the snow either.

I love the first snow. I plan on curling up with some hot tea and watching a movie, in between the studying that is. I hope you all have a fun first snow!

0 comments

Post a Comment